Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Mother's Second Wedding


This is my mom. She's old but very young at heart. She's like my sister lang -- especially when we fight and argue which we often do. =) The main reason is because our spiritual views don't meet and thus we tend to clash all the time. My mom's a devoted catholic but slowly backsliding to becoming an agnostic, meaning "a" without -- "gnostic" knowledge. Basically, an Agnostic is someone who plays it safe. Believing that everything leads to God. Sounds good but very dangerous.

Anyhow, I've been praying for my mom for 5 years and counting. I've been PUSHing (Praying Until Something Happens) that she would have a personal relationship with God. Iv'e been dying to my self many times just to plant little seeds in her heart and many times I felt kneeling without hope.

I don't live with her today. She lives with her brother at Antonio's in Tagaytay. Yes, the restaurant Antonio's is owned by her brother (Tito Ton) and their house is literally below the resto. Great food! Kain kayo doon if you get the chance. =) My mom's an artist and she helps out decorating and designing some of the interiors in the restaurant. On the other hand, I live with my dad together with his 3rd family and my brother from his first family in Quezon City.=) Many actually perceive my situation to be difficult but really we are all very close -- like real siblings. =)

I try my best to visit my mom once or twice a month. I figured that she is happy the most when I'm around but ironically speaking she bites off of me a lot. =) I've already mastered the art of being patient towards her and I praise God that every time we see each other our "quality time" together has been improving. =) I have to tell you though, just recently, I have been feeling hopeless again; hopeless about my mom every realizing what it means to have a relationship with God -- and not just religion. BUT NOW, Praise God, my pessimistic feeling have shifted to pure optimistic faith and trust that all my prayers for her has not fallen on deaf ears! Of course not!=) YES! God has given me so much hope for my mom! That until the day comes she would stop breathing God will continue to be loving and gracious toward her, not wanting her to perish but to have everlasting life. =)

Here's to share a couple of HOPE scenes from her that really jerked the tears off of my eyes. Thanks to God! =)

First, was when she attended a Christian church again, and that time her reason for stepping in was to better understand me and relate to me. =)...
Second, she text ed me that she will attend more bible studies so that I'll be happy. =)...

The third one was yesterday. I got a text from her in the morning and she said, "Read Peter now chapter 1&2. I so blessed and I feel like locking my self inside the room. I don't feel like working but I have to.."

All I can say is Praise God!!! I just can't wait to see her fall in love again... =)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow Ed, praise God. :)

Thanks for posting this. This encouraged me that God really listens to my prayers about of family's salvation :)