Monday, July 21, 2008

A Deeper Glance @ The Dark Knight

Just want to share my thoughts on the movie. Awesome movie by the way. It's legendary! =)


I'm amazed by how Batman's story and character was portrayed in this movie. Funny because I think The Joker was the real star in the movie. He was the center of attention all throught out; not Batman. The worst part is, Batman was never glorified in the movie because he chose to. For that, I'm blessed to share this entry.
I felt sorry for Batman in the movie. All the good that he tried to do for Gotham city just back fired at him. All he had in mind was Gotham city's best interest. He was there to save, rescue, and protect yet the people rejected him and even blamed him for the escalation of the crimes and chaos. Also, he sacrificed a lot in the movie. He sacrificed his trust worthy associate, Morgan Freeman (forgot his name in the movie!), for the common good. He also sacrificed his best friend Rachel for the common good. On top of sacrificing himself everytime when he's fighting crime. Even with some of his negative behaviors in the movie, at the end of his struggle, he knew/realized what his purpose was and he willfully went through fire for his cause. He couldn't break the rules as Joker mocked him.

Batman kind of reminded me of Jesus. Jesus came into this world to save that which was his own but his own did not receive him. The people rejected Jesus. He had his faithful few and one betrayer. Batman had his faithful few also and a Judas (Ms. Ramirez). The good guys always asked the question, "Who can we trust?" Jesus kept dying to his flesh and glorified his father in heaven until the day he was crucified on the cross, he still glorified God. Likewise, Batman never took credit; he even gave it to Harvey Dent at the end of the movie who had been already consumed by the 2Face to become. He was not considered a hero yet he was not worried about it. All he cared for, all he ever thought of was the safety and protection of Gotham city. Batman, exemplified selflessness and letting go of pride and recognition, just like Jesus.

I'm just thankful for the movie and how it has reminded me of spiritual things. Not only did the movie satisfied me, it also satisfied my spirit. There's alot of points I can't recall from the movie! I really need to watch it again and maybe I can further give you a beautiful picture of dying to ones self so that others can have life. That's what Jesus did and the sweetest part of the movie is that Batman also made his choice of dying to him self so that the people of Gotham can be at peace.

I find this lesson of dying to ones self very true in my life almost everyday. As a Christian, I pray for a lot of people to know God and fall in love with Him; and more often that not, it comes with a lot of sacrifices; sacrifice of my time, money, pride, selfishness, and my happiness. Long long time ago, animals had to die for man's sins to be forgiven. Jesus died so that whoever believes in him might have life for eternity. It's the way of true love I guess in any kind of human interaction and relationship. If you want other people, your friends, and your loved ones to live, you have to die to your self. =)

1 comment:

Gem Lecciones said...
This comment has been removed by the author.