Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Deeper Glance @ My love for the game


This coming Friday will be our 1st basketball game against the TR Toreros. This game is in line with our IBM Sportsfest celebration. We named our team, the FUN TEAM. =D

See my intimidating look below? =) In case you didn't know, I love basketball! Given another chance and choice, I would most exhaust my time and efforts in improving my self in basketball so I can play in the professional league. =)

I was struggling earlier tonight whether to go running or not. As you all should know, I'm quite...ok, very competitive when it comes to playing basketball. =) I simply want to win. I remember back in college when I was living in the dorm. My dormmates know that I'm a Christian, but when it's time to play, how ironic to hear them laugh and tease me na murag demonyo nako mudula. hehe For witness purposes, know that I always apologize if I'm not acting Christ-like.hehe So eager as I am to make sure that I'm conditioned and prepared for Friday, guess what?=) I went running 11:00pm in the night!haha

After running I was thinking about how passionate and competitive I am still for basketball. I literally battled with my self to run even when I didn't feel running at all! Just for the love of the game!=)

After running, I sat on the gutter thanking God for the time, the sweat, and discipline to complete my goal tonight. Then once again, God spoke to me. =) He was making my realize how passionate I was for the things I love to do. "Well guess what Ed!" "You love God!" Yet, so many times I was not competitive enough in my spiritual battles...=( I should be! I want to be! Because I'm crazy in love with God! =) Thank you Jesus!


O yeah! It's crunch time! Bring it on satan! =) I realized tonight, that I need to be as competitive in my spiritual walk. And the key to be ready for the game is to pray and pick your bibles and allow God's word to mold you and shape you to become the kind of "players" that He wants you to be. God bless ya'll!<><


No comments: