Saturday, October 20, 2007

@ Fire Flies

I remembered the fire flies which I saw back home in Tagaytay. It was the 21st hour of the day. I was sitting declined out side the garden, I could hear nothing else but the crickets. I could see nothing but the silhouettes of the trees around and the clear firmament. I noticed the tall tree on my left side swarming with fire flies! It was the first time I saw that many fire flies in my life. I love seeing their butts twinkle in the dark. It was a beautiful sight. I was delighted that time. I was excited, so excited that I texted everyone I knew. Some were really jealous. =D

After a while, I remembered what my brother's would encourage me with, "we are God's light in this dark world." After that I tried to put my self in God's shoes. I bet the way I was enjoying that moment with the fire flies would be the exact way God is delighting when He sees our "butts" shining for His name sake. That was a very encouraging truth. I pray that my light would always shine for my Savior's delight.

"You are the light of the world . A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." - Matt 5:14-16

3 comments:

Karyll said...

amen. may we all continue to shine for Him<><

Kayeen said...

haha, i remember when you texted us all here in dumaguete that message bwt the flierfy's butts. =) miss you kuya ed!

Kerygma <> said...

Amen my brotha...keep on shining for Jah...be blessed to be a blessing...Jah bless you <><