Thursday, October 25, 2007

@ Heaven VS a Mustard Seed

JC said this parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his field. Though it is the smallest of all your seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and perch in it’s branches.”

After reading this I asked God, “How can something so colossal, such as the KINGDOM OF HEAVEN, be in par to something so small, such as a mustard seed?” I always thought that small = insignificant. You think about this for a minute. In basketball, ideally its tall players who get the upper hand of having a good career in the game. In food, more is definitely better than less. In school, only the “brainiacs” get a good impression from teachers (mostly). In music, the multi-talented get all the praise and attention. In the corporate life, need I say more??? So how is it that the kingdom of heaven is described similarly to a mustard seed???

I remember what a friend told me 3 years ago when we met sometime after high school. I was then already “on fire” with my new found relationship with God. She said to me, “If you just had a different face I wouldn't recognized that you’re the same person that I knew back in high school.” She then wondered who could have prayed for me. I asked why and she said, “Because that’s how it works, it starts with a prayer.” I remember this line clearly in my head…

Before I became a Christian, I was like a curse to the people around me; my family, people in school, and especially to the ones I hate. I taught my cousins to cuss, I cursed those I hated, I hated gay people, I & my friends would hurt people just because we had nothing to do and because we thought it was fun. Nobody could really get anything good from me. Until one faithful day, a “seed” was planted in my heart. I gave in to a very faithful friend’s request who kept on inviting me to their church. I went with a wrong motive, but when I heard the Pastor teach from the bible I got convicted with so many wrong things. To make the long story short, I began to understand that God has a purpose for my life, he has a plan and ultimately it’s to glorify himself. I began to compare my life to what God is telling me through the bible. Then I realize that I was so sick and tired of my life that I wanted to change. I wanted a relationship with God. I asked God to take the wheel and the rest was history.

I’ve been a Christian for 4 years already and I’ve been overwhelmed at what God has done in my life. God turned my life around to the point where I'm no longer a curse to the people around me, but rather the opposite. It was a tough change but God had it all planned out and worked out everything in the end for me. Right now, I’m enjoying serving him in every aspect of my life; I share Christ to others so they too can experience a relationship with God and spend all eternity with him. I love my family no matter what and I obey them already, I love my enemies, I see homosexuals in a different light, & I love to help other people. Now I understand why Jesus said, “it is the smallest of all your seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and perch in its branches.” During that one faithful day, when a “seed” was planted in my heart little did I know that it would grow bigger and be used for the advancement of God’s kingdom in heaven.

To my brothers & sisters, always remember to be faithful in sharing the gospel of Christ. “Sa isip, sa salita, at sa gawa” God promised that his word will not return void! Keep planting those little seeds!

To YOU reading this, if you don’t have a relationship with God the same thing that God did to my life he can, is able, and is very much willing to do same in your life!!! So I pray for you that you would stop controlling your life and surrender it to a great God who loves you so much that he sent his only begotten son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross to save you from all of your sins and on the 3rd day rose up from the dead to prove that he is our living God. God wants to have a relationship and not religion! Jesus loves you!<><

No comments: