Thursday, October 25, 2007

@ Patience

Another fishing day in the streets and this time at Luneta park. My second fishing date with heaps from Harvest. We bought with us food to give and Jesus to share. We we're 30ish who took time and took part. Do you remember the first time you had a relationship with someone you really like or love? I do! I was so proud that I just had to tell the 'whole world' about it! Can you relate? Ofcourse you can. Have you ever met a genuine person who had genuine interest for another person who didn't tell all his friends the moment they became boy & girl friends? Anyway, my point is, that's the kind of sensation I get when I have the chance to tell somebody about my relationship with Jesus!

After sharing to manong police officer I got to hang out with a bunch of kids. I took time with them and at first they we're cute, but after a while they weren't that cute anymore. I had a hard time getting their attention without having to sound like 'teacher-terror', yet some listened while some had other intentions. Deep inside I was about to lose my patience with some of them, yet others got me excited with their attentiveness. I was a little bit upset in end though. I was thinking all they really wanted was food. I clinged to God's promise that his word will never return void. He reminded me that I was there just to plant 'little mustard' seeds.

At a deeper glance, I said to myself how easy and quick it was for me to become impatient. Now I know I'm guilty of something. O how the many times I've been inattentive to what God was telling me in so many situations and circumstances, how many times I have broken His heart, and yet He still forgives me, yet I know He's still patient with me.
Thank you Jesus for that lesson! Help me to be more like you!=D

1 comment:

Karyll said...

wow. yan ba yung ginawa mo last night? you go bro! shine more for Jesus. blessed ako sa blog mo. thanks and God bless